- 1/2 prepared Butter Cookie Dough, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Egg wash (1 egg white with 1 teaspoon water mixed together)
- Decorating sugars
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In bowl of a standing electric mixer, beat together prepared dough and peppermint extract until well combined.
- Pack dough into a cookie press fitted with preferred disk and press about 1 inch apart onto cool ungreased baking sheets. Brush cookies lightly with egg wash and sprinkle with decorating sugar.
- Bake cookies in batches in middle of oven until edges are pale golden, about 12 minutes. Cool cookies on sheets 2 minutes and transfer to racks to cool completely. Cookies may be stored between layers of wax paper in airtight containers up to 6 weeks frozen.
Makes about 6 dozen.
- Desserts, Cookies