- 1/2 prepared Butter Cookie Dough, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup apricot or raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In bowl of a standing electric mixer, beat together prepared dough and almond extract until well combined.
- Form level teaspoons of dough into balls and arrange about 1 inch apart on baking sheets. With your thumb make an indentation in center of each ball of dough and fill with about 1/4 teaspoon jam.
- Bake cookies in batches in middle of oven until edges are pale golden, about 12 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheets 2 minutes and transfer to racks to cool completely. Cookies may be stored between layers of wax paper in airtight containers up to 6 weeks frozen.
Makes about 6 dozen.
- Desserts, Cookies