- 1 3/4 cup sugar
2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup high-fat cocoa powder*
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, room temperature
1 cup of whole milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon pure peppermint extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed 1 minute.
- With the mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients to the wet, 1/2 cup at a time. Do this slowly so that the batter doesn’t develop clumps.
- When thoroughly combined, (do not over mix), slowly mix in boiling water. Note: the batter will be thin.
- Transfer batter to cake pan(s) that have been coated with a baker’s cooking spray that includes flour, or greased and floured, filling until cavitie(s) are about 3/4 full.
- Bake cake(s) until an inserted toothpick, (or skewer for a big ol' bundt), comes out clean - about 45 minutes for a big ol' bundt.
- Invert cake(s) onto a cooling rack or serving plate. If cake resists, cool in the pan for 15 minutes before inverting. (If cake still resists, cool an additional 15 minutes in the pan). Cool completely before frosting, at least 45 hour for a big ol’ bundt. If in a rush, you can put your cake in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once cake is cooled, pour the chocolate cake onto your cake—note you may have extra.
- Once glaze is on the cake, you can top with crushed peppermints or candy canes; slices Andies ® Candies, or Green Sanding sugar.
- Serve and Enjoy!
*A Note about Gifting This Cake:
If you plan to give this cake as a gift and wish to wrap it in cellophane, it is best to put your cake ake back in the fridge for at least 1 hour. The second chilling helps the chocolate glaze set on the cake so that it doesn’t smear on the cellophane as you wrap your cake and tie with ribbon.
For Kiss My Bundt Chocolate Glaze:
9 ounces butter
9 ounces dark chocolate chips or shavings
3 tablespoon corn syrup
- Melt Butter over medium heat.
- Add chocolate to the butter. Whisk until melted.
- When chocolate is completely melted, add the corn syrup.
- Let glaze sit for 15 minutes to set up and thicken, then pour over cake.
Makes 1 cake.
- Desserts, Cake
- North American