- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
1/4 cup shelled, salted, and roasted pistachio nuts
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
1/4-1/2 cup fruity extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling over lamb
1/4 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese
12 small lamb rib chops, Frenched
- In a food processor or blender, combine mint, parsley, pistachios, garlic, and 1/4 cup olive oil and process until blended but still retains some texture.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in grated cheese and more olive oil, one tablespoon at a time, if necessary. You should have about 3/4 cup pesto.
- Preheat broiler. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, space out lamb chops. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil 3 minutes on each side or until until well-browned on both sides.
- To serve, arrange lamb chops on a warmed platter or divide them among warmed serving plates (2 chops per serving). Top each with a dollop of pesto. Serve remaining pesto at the table or reserve for another use.
- Meats, Appetizers