- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoon solid-pack pumpkin
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a mini muffin pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl in microwave, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, cayenne, and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
- Put sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat until fluffy and well combined, 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in flour mixture.
- Divide batter between two medium bowls (about 2 cups per bowl). Stir chocolate mixture into one bowl. In other bowl, stir in pumpkin, oil, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Fill the muffin pans with brownie mixture first and top with pumpkin batter. Can repeat to create several layers, if wanted. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips, if wanted.
- Bake until set, 20 to 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 36-48 mini muffins.
- Desserts, Brownies
- North American