If the shrimp isn't already sold deveined, (nicely) ask the fishmonger to do this for you. If your fish counter sells shell-on shrimp, consider buying those as the shells add additional flavor; just remember to devein the shrimp either way. Despite the addition of 2 tablespoons of hot sauce, this isn't a particularly spicy recipe.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons vinegary hot sauce, such as Cholula
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 teaspoons kosher salt
2 pounds peeled medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined
2 lemons, thinly sliced
French bread, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Stir together the butter, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, pepper, hot sauce, garlic, and salt in a small bowl.
- Arrange the shrimp and lemon slices in a large heatproof casserole dish, and pour the butter mixture over the shrimp and lemon slices. (They will not fit in one layer.)
- Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes until the shrimp are pink, gently stirring twice to ensure even cooking.
- Serve with French bread for dipping in the butter sauce.
- Main Dishes
- North American
- Serves 4-6