This is one of those salads that you can throw together depending on what your taste preferences are.
- 1-1/2 cups of French green lentils, rinsed
2 to 3 cups marble potatoes, quartered
3 carrots, peeled and finely diced
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1/3 cup of parsley, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 lemon, juiced
1-1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pot, cover lentils with water and cook until lentils are tender, about 20-30 minutes. Add more water during this process if necessary.
- In a steamer, steam quartered potatoes until tender. Set aside.
- In another pot, heat water until boiling. Blanch carrots for 30 seconds and remove before they get too soft. Set aside.
- Once lentils are soft, strain them and rinse them. Place in a large bowl with carrots, potatoes, onions, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, or glass measuring cup, add garlic, mustard, both oils, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and whisk until dressing is well mixed.
- Pour over warm salad, mix together well, and set aside to cool. Serve or place bowl in refrigerator over night for flavors to really come together.
- North American