Even when it's just my family at Thanksgiving, I always find it fun to seat everyone by using place card holders. They are simply festive and make it feel more like a holiday. You could run to Williams-Sonoma and buy some, but with a little creativity, you could make them! I quickly made the ones pictured at right using real apples. To see how I made them,
You will need the following supplies:
- mini apples
- cards or cardstock cut down to size
- cutting board
- glittery pen
Here's what you do:
- Break or cut the cardstock into separate pieces.
- Practice your decorative handwriting. Decide which style suits your table setting: cursive, loopy, sleek, etc.
- Write out the name of each guest on the cards and set aside.
- Cut a small slice in the top of the apples. Make sure to do it on one side of the stem, being careful not to go all the way through. Wiggle the knife a little to make sure the slice is big enough to fit the cardstock.
- Slide the card inside the apple. Voila! Instant and adorable place card holders!