- For the poached lobster:
2 gallons water
1 cup dry white wine
2 lemons, sliced in half and juiced
1 teaspoon cloves
1 shallot, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons black peppercorns
1 bunch parsley
1 sprig thyme
1 live Maine lobster
- For the eggs:
3 tablespoons butter, divided
6 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup poached lobster meat, cooked and chopped
3 tablespoons fontina cheese, shredded
- For finishing touches:
2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
Kosher salt, to taste
1/2 ripe avocado, sliced (optional)
Scallions, julienned (optional)
Additional lobster claw or tail meat (optional)
- To poach the lobster: In a large pot, bring the water, white wine, lemon halves, and juice to a rolling boil.
- Combine the cloves, shallot, garlic, peppercorns, parsley, and thyme in a cheesecloth, tie with butcher's twine, and put it in the pot as the water heats up. Add the lobster, and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lobster, and submerge it immediately in an ice bath to stop the cooking. When cool, carefully remove the shell from the lobster, and reserve 3/4 cup of the meat for this recipe. Save the remaining meat and shells for other recipes.
- For the eggs: In a nonstick sauté pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over low heat. Add the eggs, and cook slowly over medium-low heat. After a couple of minutes, stir in 1 more tablespoon of butter. Once the eggs are cooked halfway, add the lobster meat, fontina cheese, and the final tablespoon of butter. Stir constantly until the eggs are cooked through (they should be soft and silky).
- Finish with chopped chives, and season with salt to taste. If desired, garnish with avocado slices, scallions, and additional lobster claw or tail meat.
- Eggs, Breakfast/Brunch
- North American
- 2 servings