There's no need to make the same chicken dinner every night. That's why we partnered with Perdue for this post.
I have no shame in spending hours searching for new and exciting spins on the basic chicken dinner, so after discovering a recipe for roasted drumsticks, I knew how to make it even better — with garlic. Lots of garlic. Mix in some flavorful marsala wine and you have a meal that you'll make over and over again.
- 2 pounds Perdue chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- Rinse the drumsticks and then pat dry. Sprinkle with the garlic salt, coating all the chicken. Let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the skin is crisp and the internal temperature is 165ºF.
- While the chicken is baking, add the mushrooms, garlic, olive oil, and rosemary to a sauté pan and simmer until the mushrooms are cooked through, around 5 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and stir until the mushrooms are coated.
- Add the marsala and chicken sauce and stir. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and cover with the sauce. Return to the oven and bake together for an additional 10 minutes.
- Main Dishes, Game
- 4 servings
- Cook Time
- 45 minutes