Now that it's officially Summer, I crave healthy yet hearty salads for dinner. With its creamy, mayonnaise-based dressing, shrimp salad is a delicious favorite, but it's not so light. That's why I prefer to make a spicy Thai-inspired shrimp salad.
It's packed with bright, crisp flavors and crunchy, cool veggies. The recipe serves the salad on bibb lettuce; I think mixed greens or romaine would be equally scrumptious. Get the technique when you
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound cooked and peeled small shrimp
- 1 cup thinly sliced red, yellow and/or orange bell pepper
- 1 cup seeded and thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup mixed chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, cilantro and/or mint
- Bibb lettuce, for serving
- Whisk lime juice, fish sauce, oil, brown sugar and crushed red pepper in a large bowl. Add shrimp, bell pepper, cucumber and fresh herbs; toss to coat.
- Serve the shrimp salad on a bed of bibb lettuce.
- Salads, Main Dishes
- Other Asian