- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 1/4 cups canola oil
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a blender or food processor, combine the lemon juice, egg, egg yolk, salt, and mustard and process on low speed for 15 seconds.
- With the blender running, add the canola oil, a few drops at a time, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Then, add the remaining canola oil and the olive oil in a thin, steady stream and process continuously until the mixture becomes thick and opaque in color, 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the mayonnaise to a small bowl, cover tightly, and refrigerate. Use within 4 days.
Makes 1 3/4 cups.
- Other, Condiments/Sauces
- North American