Sometimes something sweet is what you need for breakfast, which is why we partnered with Great Nations Eat for this post.
If you love something on the sweeter side for breakfast, apple cinnamon bread puddings are what you need to make. A little indulgent but seriously delicious, the luscious bites are filled with fresh flavor while staying moist and rich. Using a muffin tin makes it easy to make a big batch at one time while keeping portions in check.
You can use plain sliced white bread for this recipe or swap for a baguette — or even whole wheat. Really, any bread will do.
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 apple, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 400˚F.
- Lightly grease the muffin tin and set aside.
- Place the eggs, milk, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon into a bowl, and whisk.
- Tear or chop up the bread and add to a mixing bowl, stirring to coat.
- Now add the apples and stir. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes so the bread can soak up the egg mixture.
- Evenly distribute between six muffin cups, then bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the tops of the bread puddings are slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before eating.
Want more muffin tin recipes? Click here for more.
- North American
- 6 mini bread puddings
- Total Time
- 20 minutes