- For vinaigrette
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 7 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- For salad
- 10 cups bite-size pieces hearts of romaine (2 to 3 hearts)
- 3 heads of Belgian endive, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 3 cups (lightly packed) baby arugula
- 14 kumquats, thinly sliced into rounds, seeded
- For vinaigrette: With machine running, drop garlic through feed tube of processor and chop finely. Add anchovies, fresh lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, and Dijon mustard; blend well.
- Gradually add extra-virgin olive oil, blending until vinaigrette is smooth. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper. Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature and rewhisk before using.
- For salad: Combine romaine pieces, Belgian endive strips, baby arugula, and kumquats in large bowl. Toss salad with enough vinaigrette to coat and serve.
- Greens , Salads