After an invigorating bike ride, everyone will be craving a refreshing and cool drink. Instead of just serving white wine, I'll have a pitcher of mojitos ready and waiting. Normally mojitos have to be made individually and there's lots of muddling involved, but this recipe serves a crowd and can be made ahead. Perfect! Fresh-squeezed lime juice is a must for mojitos, so be sure to purchase plenty of limes. I'll also have lots of cold beer on ice. For the mojito recipe, keep reading.
- 1 large bunch of spearmint, plus 8 additional sprigs for garnish
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 lime, rinsed and quartered, plus 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup club soda, plus more for serving
- 2 cups dark rum
- Ice cubes
- In a bowl, using a wooden spoon, crush the spearmint with the sugar and lime quarters until the sugar starts to dissolve and tastes like mint. Add 1 cup of the club soda and stir until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Strain the mixture through a coarse sieve into a pitcher. Stir in the lime juice and rum.
- Fill 8 tall glasses with ice and add a mint sprig to each, lightly crushing it with your hands. Pour the mixture over the ice, top each glass with club soda and serve.
Make Ahead: The strained mojito mixture can be refrigerated overnight.
- Drinks, Cocktails