Despite all the holiday leftovers you still have in the fridge, make an effort to eat more healthfully. Turn leftover ham into a delicious, no-cook salad. Although ham is full-flavored, it's a surprisingly lean meat.
All too frequently pigeonholed as a sandwich filler, this protein plays the starring role beautifully in a satisfying salad alongside Swiss, asparagus, and tarragon vinaigrette. To make yourself this gratifying meal,
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sprigs tarragon, leaves removed and chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends discarded, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 pound ham, cut into very thin strips
- 1/2 pound deli-sliced Swiss cheese, cut into very thin strips
- A loaf of crusty bread
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together Dijon, vinegar and garlic. Add the olive oil in a steady stream while whisking then add tarragon, salt and pepper to make the dressing.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and toss well to coat.
- Serve over lettuce with crackers or crusty bread alongside.
- Meats, Salads
- North American