Leftover ham pairs great with eggs. An elegant way to serve eggs for dinner is in the form of a frittata. Besides ham, this hearty frittata is filled with potatoes, cheese, and caramelized onions. A generous sprinkle of finely grated parmesan cheese adds a rich finish to the baked frittata. With a glass of chilled white wine and a crisp green salad, you can have a wonderful meal in no time. Take a look at the recipe when you
- 8 extra-large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 small red potatoes, diced
- 1 cup diced smoked ham or Canadian bacon
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, for finishing top
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, Gruyere cheese, salt, and pepper until foamy.
- Melt butter in a cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and potatoes and cook thoroughly.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top. Pull the edges away from the sides of the pan with a spatula so the eggs flow to the bottom of the pan. When the frittata is half set, add the ham.
- Transfer the pan to the heated oven. Bake for 10 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Shower with grated Parmesan and serve garnished with sour cream and chives.
- Main Dishes, Eggs