This one-pot meal, complete with vegetables, pork and nutrient-rich red rice, is sizzling with flavor. Didn't grill on Sunday? With store-bought ingredients, there's still virtually no prep required on your part. For the recipe,
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces chorizo, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups red salsa
- 2 cups thawed frozen corn
- One 15-ounce can sliced large black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a heavy medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir for 1 minute to coat.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups water and the salsa and bring to a boil, stirring once or twice.
- Cover the pot, and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Fluff the rice; stir in the corn. Remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the olives and cilantro.
- Rice, Main Dishes