- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup dark brown sugar (firmly packed)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup cold salted butter, cut into cubes
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well with a wire whisk.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, blend the sugars at medium speed.
- Add the cold butter, and mix to form a grainy paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add eggs and vanilla extract, and mix at low to medium speed just until blended. Do not overmix.
- Add the flour mix and chocolate chips, and blend at a low speed just until mixed. Do not overmix.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 20-22 minutes until golden. Transfer cookies immediately to a cool surface with a spatula. You can line sheets with parchment and transfer to a cold surface to do it faster.
- Desserts, Cookies
- North American
- Makes 30-36 cookies, depending on the size of your scoops