- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes
kosher salt and black pepper
3/4 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
4 6-ounce salmon fillets, skin removed
1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Adjust oven rack to 6 inches below heat source; heat broiler.
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, run under cold water to cool, then cut into quarters.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the crème fraîche or sour cream, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir in the potatoes and fennel; set aside.
- Place the salmon on a parchment- or foil-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine the mustard and the remaining lemon juice. Spread over the top of the salmon.
- Broil until the salmon is the same color throughout, 6 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Divide the salmon and salad among individual plates and sprinkle with the dill.
- Main Dishes, Fish
- North American