As the temperature drops and the days get shorter, the number of outdoor festivals dwindles as well. But not to worry. We've cherry-picked 10 gourmet events across the nation that you won't regret attending this week. Enter corn heaven at the Indio Tamale Festival. Discover what a Merry Christmas truly tastes like at Portland's Holiday Ale Festival. Contemplate the state of San Francisco's sweets at a panel discussion with the city's top pastry chefs.
Where will your stomach lead you? Share your plans with us in the comments below!
- San Francisco, CA: The State of Pastry in SF — Dec. 1
- New York, NY: Wine Down: The Holiday Party — Dec. 2
- Portland, OR: 2009 Holiday Ale Festival — Dec. 2-6
- San Francisco, CA: Slow Crab & Oyster Festival — Dec. 5
- Sonoma, CA: Sonoma Valley Olive Festival Kickoff — Dec. 5
- Washington, DC: Repeal Day Ball — Dec. 5
- Livermore, CA: Holidays in the Vineyards — Dec. 5-6
- Indio, CA: Indio International Tamale Festival — Dec. 5-6
- New Orleans, LA: San Francisco Style! — Dec. 7
- Milwaukee, WI: Friends of James Beard Benefit Milwaukee — Dec. 7