Midway through Summer, the food and drink festivities just get better. Tomorrow marks the beginning of the seventh annual Tales of the Cocktail, a blowout of the nation's brightest bartenders that convenes in Crescent City. If beer is more your cup of choice, turn to the many brewfest goings on this week, taking place everywhere from Michigan to Oregon to the mountains of Colorado.
I've got a penchant for anything off the beaten path, and while I won't be able to make it this year, I've got Whiting, IN's, Pierogi Fest on my radar. What's on yours? Let us know in the comments below.
- New Orleans, LA: Tales of the Cocktail — July 21-25
- Portland, OR: Oregon Brewfest — July 22-25
- Denver, CO: Denver Summer BrewFest — July 23
- South Boston, VA: Virginia Cantaloupe Festival — July 23
- Ypsilanti, MI: Michigan Brewers Guild Summer Beer Festival — July 23-24
- Gilroy, CA: Gilroy Garlic Festival — July 23-25
- Whiting, IN: Pierogi Fest — July 23-25
- Oxnard, CA: Oxnard Salsa Festival — July 24-25
- Shelburne, VT: Vermont Cheesemakers Festival — July 25
- St. Louis, MO: A Tasteful Pursuit St. Louis — July 27