When I was thinking of an ideal dessert for a picnic, blueberries kept coming to mind. Not only am I craving them, but they are also a quintessential summer berry. Super ripe, burst-in-your-mouth blueberries are wonderful on their own, but why not throw them into a creamy smooth cheesecake batter and cut them into divine little squares? This recipe for blueberry cheesecake bars travels well, is easy to make, and will please a crowd. What are you waiting for? Get the recipe, just
6 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 jar (10 oz.) blueberry jam or preserves
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix butter and graham crumbs in 13x9-inch baking pan. Press firmly onto bottom of pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium until creamy. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla; beat until well blended. Set aside.
- Stir jam in jar until softened; spread evenly onto crust. Sprinkle with blueberries; top evenly with the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 30 min. or until slightly puffed. Cool completely in pan.
- Cut into 24 bars to serve. Store any leftover bars in tightly covered container in refrigerator up to 3 days.
Makes 24 bars.