Since Thanksgiving is a celebration that brings together all ages, consider serving a nonalcoholic signature cocktail like these apple-ginger sparklers. Kids and adults who don't drink will enjoy the festive flavors of this fizzy concoction. It's a mixture of ginger syrup and sparkling apple cider with a cinnamon stick for garnish! To make it spiked, simply stir in a shot of whiskey or Absolut's new apple-ginger vodka. Interested in the recipe? Keep reading.
- 1/4 cup Ginger Syrup, recipe below
4 1/2 cups sparkling apple cider
6 cinnamon sticks
6 pieces crystallized ginger
- Place 2 tablespoons ginger syrup in each of six glasses.
- Fill glasses with ice cubes, pour in cider, and stir to combine. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and fresh ginger, and serve.
2 cups sugar
1 six-inch piece fresh ginger, finely diced
- Place sugar, ginger, and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, and cook about 1 hour, until ginger flavor is quite strong. Let cool; strain before using. Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, up to a week.
Makes 2 cups.
- Drinks, Mocktails
- North American