What could possibly be a sweeter partnership than Nutella and Cronut-maker Dominique Ansel? The chef has created a limited-edition Nutella Pancake Cone to celebrate International Pancake Tuesday. For those living in New York City: flock to Grand Central Terminal at 11 a.m. on Feb. 17 to score these free mini Pancake Cones (two per person). However, the rest of us don't have to suffer from FOMO. Dominique has shared his recipe with us, so we can indulge in this perfect pairing at home.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups whole milk
1 tablespoon honey
1/3 cup melted butter, plus more for griddle
Nutella, to garnish
Flaky salt, to garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stream in milk, while whisking.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together eggs and honey, then stream into the mixture while whisking. Stir in melted butter until mixture looks smooth.
- Pour batter onto a lightly greased, preheated griddle. Cook pancakes until bubbles rise to the surface and pop, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip pancakes and cook another 2 minutes. Alternatively, you can pour into lightly greased molds and bake in the oven at 350°F until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- When ready to serve, dollop Nutella on the top of the pancakes and sprinkle with a pinch of flaky salt.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Pancakes/Waffles
- North American
- Makes 20 (4-inch) pancakes