Homemade treats get gobbled up fast in our office, but we may have set a record with our producer Brendan Lahr's latest creation: Old Bay hummus. One taste of this well-spiced dip, and we knew we'd have to share it with you; thankfully, Brendan graciously agreed to share his secret recipe.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, liquid reserved
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Puree tahini, lemon juice, and garlic in a food blender for 1 minute, until smooth.
- Add the chickpeas, 1 tablespoon of the reserved bean liquid, and Old Bay, and puree another 2 to 3 minutes, until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dips, Appetizers
- 4 servings