- One 3-pound boneless pork loin
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, from 1 orange
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Rub the pork loin well on all sides with the olive oil, and season it with the kosher salt, black pepper, and cumin. Place the pork loin, fat
side down, in the skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until well-browned on all sides, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the pork from the skillet and place it in a small roasting pan or baking dish that holds it snugly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the orange juice, vinegar, and marmalade to combine. Drizzle the citrus mixture over the pork.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven, and cook until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees F, basting the pork with the pan juices occasionally.
- Remove the pork from the oven, add the cilantro to the roasting pan, and swirl it in the pan juices. Allow the pork to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve the pork thinly sliced, drizzled with pan juices.
- Main Dishes, Pork