- 1 pound of chicken Breast or thighs cut into bite sized pieces
1-pound Apple Smoked Sausage (cooked) or chorizo sausage, cut into pieces
½ -cup olive oil
1 medium white onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups medium Israeli Couscous
1 pound cleaned shrimp
3 ½ cups chicken stock (or water in a pinch)
½ pound little neck clams
¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
½ cup White Wine
2 table spoons of Sofrito (Recipe below)
Optional: a couple fillets of local fish chopped into bites sided pieces, or even lobster or crab claws
- In a large paella pan, or two large skillets, Add oil, onion and garlic.
- Sauté chicken, Shrimp and Halibut.
- Add pre-cooked Israeli Couscous to the pan.
- Stir in parsley. Top with raw seafood and allow dish to keep cooking covered until the seafood is cooked. The clams will open up and the fillets will become flaky white all the way through.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Sofrito
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
12 ounce can of diced tomatoes
1 chopped red onion
3 roasted red peppers
1-teaspoon saffron thread
- Simmer the mixer in a small pot for 20-30 minutes.
Makes 2 large servings or 4.
- Other, Main Dishes