- 1 8-ounce piece Parmigiano-Reggiano
2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon herbes de Provence, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a half sheet pan with a silpat.
- Using the largest holes on a box grater, coarsely shred the cheese. Stir together the cheese, flour, pepper, and herbes de Provence in a large mixing bowl. Arrange tablespoons of cheese four inches apart on the silpat, stirring the cheese mixture in the bowl between tablespoons to keep the flour evenly distributed. Flatten each mound slightly with your fingertips to form a three-inch round.
- Bake the fricos until golden, about 10-12 minutes. Cool two minutes on the half sheet pan, then carefully transfer each crisp (they are very delicate) with a thin spatula to a rack to cool completely.
- Appetizers, Breads/Crackers
- North American
- About 24 fricos