We know you have a crush on Jared Leto, but how about we give you a crush you can actually touch? Check out this crush cocktail recipe concocted by Forty Four at the Royalton in New York City. While watching your favorite celebrities strut their dreamy stuff at the SAG Awards, you can curl up on the couch with one of these passion fruit bourbon crushes. Did we mention the garnish lights on fire?
To make honey syrup, mix together equal parts honey and water.
- 1/2 ounce honey syrup
- 3 lemon wedges
- 3/4 ounce passion fruit juice
- 2 ounces Bulleit Bourbon
- 1 dash The Bitter End Mexican Mole Bitters
- 1 dash orange bitters
- Orange slice
- Granulated sugar (optional)
- Muddle the lemon wedges and honey syrup together in the tin of a cocktail shaker. Add the passion fruit juice, bourbon, mole and orange bitters, and ice. Shake until cold, and pour into a chilled double old-fashioned glass. (There's no need to strain the cocktail.)
- Garnish with an orange slice. For extra flair, sprinkle an orange wedge with sugar, then caramelize the sugar with a kitchen torch before adding the orange slice to the glass.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American
- 1 cocktail