This recipe involves a 12-hour cold brewed coffee process, but the coffee can be prepared up to a week ahead of time.
The cold-brewed coffee is actually concentrated. If you have any cold-brewed coffee left over, add one part coffee concentrate to three parts water, and serve it over ice.
Note: To make a batch of homemade strawberry sauce, quarter the recipe for strawberry jam, skip the step of adding pectin, and strain it before using.
- 1-1/2 cups (4 ounces) coffee grounds
2-1/2 cups water
1/2 cup whole milk
1-1/2 cups of ice
2 tablespoons of sugar
Whipped cream, for garnish
Homemade or store-bought strawberry sauce, for drizzling (see note)
1/4 cup roasted peanuts, crushed
- Make cold-brewed coffee: Add 1/2 cup of water to coffee grounds, stirring gently. Add the remaining 2 cups water, agitating the grounds as little as possible. Cover and let steep at room temperature for 12 hours.
- Slowly strain the coffee ground mixture with a paper filter, which will take 5-10 minutes or until all liquid has seeped through. If the coffee looks cloudy, strain again using a new filter. Store, refrigerated, for up to a week.
- Make blended PB&J coffee: In a blender, combine 1-1/2 cups cold brewed coffee, milk, ice, and sugar until slushy, adding more milk if drink is too thick, and more ice if beverage is too thin.
- Divide blended coffee between two cups, top with whipped cream, and finish with a generous drizzle of strawberry sauce. Garnish with crushed peanuts.
- Drinks, Coffee
- North American
- Serves 2