Start off your November right by stocking up on some of the season's best, like super-crispy lady apples and a rainbow of delicately fragrant pear varieties. Pomaceous fruits are most gratifying when eaten out of hand, but they also add an element of complexity to Autumn cocktails.
Here, tender anjou pear slices add intrigue to a classic cosmopolitan for an ultrasmooth sip and a mellow yet lingering finish. Serve it to guests at a Fall function, and leave them wondering what makes your cosmo so special. For a recipe that's very right now, keep reading.
- 2 anjou pear slices
- Juice of 1/2 a pressed lime
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- 1-1/2 ounces citrus vodka
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 3 cranberries, for garnish
- In a mixing glass, muddle pear slices, lime juice, and cranberry juice.
- Add vodka and triple sec. Add ice to tin. Shake well.
- Double-strain into glass, using the strainer over the shaker while pouring contents through a sieve placed over the glass.
- Garnish with 3 cranberries on a cocktail pick.
Makes 1 drink.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American