National Rum Day isn't until next Tuesday, but why not get the party started now? After all, it's the end of a work week, and there is no better time for a rum drink than Friday afternoon. There are tons of mojito variations out there, but the one I've been sipping lately is this refreshing and potent pineapple version. It's like a mojito that's decided to go on a tropical vacation!
The pineapple provides a nice sweetness, so no extra sugar is necessary. There's four ounces of alcohol in this drink, but thanks to the pineapple juice, it doesn't taste too strong! If you prefer a mojito with a little effervescence, top it off with sparkling water or soda. You've got to make this beverage: here's the recipe.
- 3 1-inch chunks of pineapple
- 4 lime wedges, from one half of a lime
- 8 mint leaves
- 3 oz rum (recommended: Brugal Añejo Rum)
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the pineapple chunks, lime wedges, and mint leaves.
- Fill the shaker with rum, triple sec, and pineapple juice. Add ice.
- Shake and serve in a highball glass filled with ice. Garnish with mint sprig.
Makes 1 drink.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American