If you're taking the time to make your own hummus, why not go the extra mile and serve it with homemade pita chips? They're so easy to make, you practically don't even need a recipe! The best thing about baking pita until it's toasted and crunchy is that you control the seasonings. Have fun experimenting with za'atar, cumin, or garlic powder, or serve them naked; they're delightful either way.
- 4 pitas, each cut into 8 wedges
- About 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Spices (such as cumin, za'atar, or garlic powder), optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Drizzle or brush both sides of the pita wedges with olive oil and season generously with salt. If desired, sprinkle with spices.
- Bake until lightly browned and crispy, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool and enjoy.
- Other, Snacks
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- 32 pita chips