- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 small onions, finely chopped
1 pound ground pork
1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
Salt and pepper
Eight 6-inch flour tortillas
One 10-ounce package frozen corn, thawed
2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
8 ounces shredded monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 300°. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add half the onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the pork and paprika and cook, breaking up the meat until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place the tortillas on 2 baking sheets and warm in the oven for about 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, combine the corn, remaining onions, cilantro and lime juice. Season the salsa to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, top each warm tortilla with cheese, meat and corn salsa.
- Main Dishes, Pork