The idea of a cocktail made with canned pumpkin both fascinates and frightens me. But since we love pumpkin around here, this Thanksgiving, I set out to design a cocktail that was easy on the palate and slightly sweet but not dessert-like, with the pumpkin pie flavor I love.
After much searching, I stumbled upon a pumpkin pie cocktail that sounded almost perfect, so I made a few tweaks, substituting spiced rum for the vodka the recipe called for. I have to say, the resulting pumpkin pie potable did not disappoint.
Get the recipe now.
- 1 1/2 ounces spiced rum
- 1 ounce pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
- 1 scant teaspoon simple syrup
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of allspice
- Pour all contents in a cocktail shaker filled with ice, and shake thoroughly.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American
- 1 cocktail