- 1 bag (about 4 ounces) pork rinds
- 10-12 ounces high-quality semisweet chocolate chips, such as Ghirardelli
- Cayenne pepper (optional), for sprinkling
- Set up a double boiler: Heat a large saucepan filled with water over high heat; once it boils, reduce heat to a simmer. Set a heatproof bowl atop the simmering water. Add the chocolate and stir until completely melted.
- Cover two sheet pans with wax or parchment paper. Using clean hands, carefully dip each pork rind halfway into the melted chocolate, turning if necessary to coat the rind on all sides. Shake well to remove excess chocolate, and transfer to the lined sheet pan. Repeat with entire bag of pork rinds.
- If desired, sprinkle pan lightly with cayenne pepper for a spicy kick.
- Allow to cool slightly, then refrigerate as-is on the sheet pan to harden chocolate. Once frozen, gather pork skins and store them in a freezer bag.
Makes about 30 chocolate-dipped pork rinds.
- Other, Snacks
- North American