- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
2 teaspoons paprika
2 large eggs
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 pound medium peeled and deveined shrimp, tails on
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Tartar sauce, for serving
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 large red cabbage (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds)
1/2 medium red onion
- In the morning: Prep the beading by brushing a large rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine panko and paprika. In another medium bowl, whisk eggs together with salt and pepper.
- Bread shrimp: In a medium bowl, combine shrimp and flour; toss well to coat. Working with 3 or 4 shrimp at a time, shake off excess flour, coat with egg, dredge in panko mixture, and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate.
- At dinnertime: Cook shrimp. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. With a pastry brush, gently dab shrimp with 2 tablespoons oil. Bake until golden and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes; season with salt.
- Make slaw: While shrimp are baking, squeeze 1 lemon into a medium bowl; whisk in mustard and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Core and thinly slice cabbage (you should have about 5 cups), and thinly slice onion; add to dressing. Season with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Serve: Cut remaining lemon into wedges. Serve shrimp with cabbage slaw, tartar sauce, and lemon.
- Main Dishes, Shellfish
- North American