- 1 soft raisin roll, about 10 inches long
Salted almond butter, for spreading
1/2 of a banana, sliced into flat strips
4 fresh figs, sliced widthwise into rounds
- Turn a panini maker on low. Or preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and place an ovenproof skillet inside to warm.
- Slice the raisin roll in half horizontally, and trim about two inches off the rounded ends to create straight ends.
- Spread a generous amount of almond butter on each side of the bread. Lay the fig slices on one side and the banana strips on the other side. Carefully place the banana sliced bread on top of the figs and press gently to close.
- Place the sandwich on the panini maker and cook for 5 minutes. If you don't have a panini maker, place the sandwich on a baking sheet and put the warm skillet on top to weigh it down. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Slice in half and serve immediately.
Makes 1 sandwich.
- Main Dishes, Sandwiches
- North American