- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
7/8 cup egg whites (from about 6 eggs)
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
zest of one lemon
1 1/2 cups flour
- Cookie filling
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 ounces dark chocolate chips
- Cream the butter with a paddle attachment then mix in the sugar.
- Add the egg whites gradually and then mix in the vanilla and lemon zest.
- Add the flour and mix until just incorporated.
- With a small (1/4-inch) plain tip, pipe 1-inch sections of batter onto a parchment-lined sheet pan, spacing them 2 inches apart as they spread. Or spray a muffin lined tin with oil and pipe a thin amount of cookie into each muffin tin. Just cover the bottom of a muffin cup.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Let cool on the pan.
- Cookie Filling: In a small saucepan over medium flame, scald cream.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate in a bowl. Whisk to melt chocolate and blend well.
- Set aside to cool (the mixture will thicken as it cools). Spread a thin amount of the filling onto the flat side of a cookie while the filling is still soft and press the flat side of a second cookie on top. Repeat with the remainder of the cookies.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
- Desserts, Cookies
- North American