- 1 cup breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup packed basil leaves
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup light or cholesterol-free mayonnaise
1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
1/4 cup (2 ounces) blue cheese
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup finely chopped, toasted almonds, optional
Slivered almonds, optional
Fresh chives, optional
Crackers and breads
- Combine crumbs and butter; press into bottom of lightly greased 8- or 9-inch springform pan. Chill.
- Combine basil, garlic and mayonnaise in a blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat together the ricotta, blue and Parmesan cheeses until blended. Beat in basil mixture. Spread mixture over crust, pressing and smoothing top. Chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove sides of pan and place cake on platter. Press chopped, toasted almonds onto sides of cheesecake, if desired.
- Garnish the top of cheesecake by making a “flower” with slivered almonds and chive stems. Or, create a “bouquet” of pear tomatoes and herbs.
- Serve with assorted breads, crackers and toasts.
Serves 50 as an appetizer.
- Appetizers, Spreads
- North American