- 5 matzos, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Fruit preserves, creme fraiche, honey, or maple syrup, for serving (optional)
- Place matzos in a bowl, and cover with water. Place a plate on surface to keep matzos submerged. Let stand for 5 minutes, and drain. Return to bowl.
- Whisk eggs and salt together in a small bowl. Add to matzo. Add sugar, apple, raisins, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup oil. Gently stir until combined.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spread matzo mixture evenly in skillet, pressing firmly into pan. Cook, undisturbed, for 5 minutes. Carefully flip with a spatula, 1 piece at a time. (The mixture will break into 3 or 4 pieces.) Cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Spoon onto serving plates. Serve hot or warm with toppings if desired.
- Eggs, Breakfast/Brunch