- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons tahini
Juice of one lemon
1/2 jalapeño, seeded and roughly chopped
1 chipotle in adobo
6 ounces roasted red peppers, roughly chopped
4 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Homemade pita chips, for serving
- In the bowl of a large food processor, combine the first 8 ingredients. Process until a smooth, thick paste forms.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. If too thick, add more tahini or lemon juice.
- Process again and enjoy, or place in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve with pita chips.
Makes 2 1/2-3 cups.
- Dips, Appetizers
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern