Chewy, tender, and salty-sweet, these won't last long; you've been warned.
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more, room temperature, for pan
- 1 cup (8 ounces) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 8 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with butter; line pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugars until smooth. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and salt; stir just until moistened. Fold in about 3/4 of the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and smooth top. Arrange the remaining peanut butter cups on top of dough.
- Bake until top of blondies are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Set pan on a wire rack and let cool completely. Using parchment overhang, lift cake from pan and transfer to a cutting board; cut into 16 squares. To store, keep in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 2 days.
- Desserts, Brownies
- Makes 16