It seems like everyone I know is detoxing this week. People are working out, staying in, and eating healthy. To support my sister and friends, who are on a 10-day vegan cleanse, I'm making a figure-friendly meal full of vegetables. Since they've also given up drinking, I'll have to serve a nonalcoholic beverage. Instead of offering something boring like water, I'm whipping up a round of this uplifting refresher. It's a combination of muddled mint and pineapple and pomegranate juice. It's fruity, but not too heavy and will pair perfectly with chickpea, mint, and parsley spread. To look at the easy recipe, keep reading.
- 3 large mint leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- Ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice
- Put the mint and sugar in a tall glass and mash them together to muddle.
- Stir in the pineapple juice. Add enough ice to fill the glass.
- Add the pomegranate juice and do not stir. Serve.
Makes 1 drink.
- Drinks, Mocktails
- North American