- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1 tube store bought pizza dough (rolls out to a rectangle)
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, 3 sprigs, finely chopped
2 cups whole milk ricotta
1/3 cup honey, eyeball it
1 orange, zested
3/4 pound large red or black cherries, pitted and halved
- Set oven to 425 degrees F.
- Drizzle a small baking sheet with extra-virgin olive oil and unroll the dough, press out to a slightly larger rectangular shape. Prick the dough all over in several places with the tines of a fork. Drizzle a little extra-virgin olive oil on the top of the bread and spread around evenly with a pastry brush. Season the bread with a little salt, a tablespoon of sugar, and the rosemary. Bake bread until evenly deep-golden all over, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Beat ricotta cheese with honey and zest until smooth. Ready the cherries, pitting and halving them.
- Dot the hot bread with ricotta and top with cherries, cut and serve.
- Breads, Desserts
- North American