- 5 large apricots, pitted, split, and sliced
- 5 large, ripe figs, quartered
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup ricotta or mascarpone cheese
- 4 slices levain bread, each cut about 1" thick
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Combine the sliced apricots and the quartered figs in a medium roasting pan; drizzle with maple syrup and toss to coat. Roast at 350ºF for 15 minutes; raise temperature to 400ºF and bake for another 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Spread each slice of bread with a generous layer of cheese (about 2 tablespoons per slice for a large piece of bread). Top the four pieces of bread evenly with roasted fruit and its juices.
- North American