- 1 pound asparagus (about 19 stalks), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 to 8 paper-thin slices prosciutto, halved lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Snap the dry stem ends off of each asparagus and place on a heavy baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss. Roast until the asparagus is tender, about 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Wrap each asparagus with 1 piece (about 1/2 a slice) of prosciutto, exposing tips. Arrange on a platter and serve at room temperature.
- Vegetables, Appetizers