Too hot to turn on the oven? Slice the vegetables into rounds and char on the grill along with the bread slices. When they have nice grill marks, remove, chop into chunks, and toss with the oil, vinegar, oregano, and feta.
- 1 1 3/4-pound eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 large plum tomatoes, cored, quartered lengthwise
1 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch half moons
4 thin slices of French, sourdough, or ciabatta bread
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place eggplant, tomatoes, and zucchini on rimmed baking sheet; toss with oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Place the bread slices on a small baking sheet. Set both pans in the oven.
- Bake the bread for 6-8 minutes until it's well toasted, remove.
- Roast the vegetables until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes.
- While the veggies continues to cook, slice the crispy toast into small bite-sized pieces.
- Transfer eggplant and tomatoes to platter or serving bowl. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, feta, and 2 teaspoons oregano and serve.
- Vegetables, Side Dishes
- North American