- 1 head of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup of kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Place the garlic on tin foil, drizzle with the olive oil. Wrap up the garlic and place in the oven.
- Cook for about 30-40 minutes until the garlic cloves are soft.
- Once the garlic has cooled, squeeze out the roasted garlic and stir in the salt. Using a fork or your fingers, gently mix the salt and garlic in large shallow oven-proof glass dish. Try to break up the salt as much as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºF. Place the garlic salt in the oven to dry out about 20-30 minutes.
- Once the moisture has been removed and it has cooled, use a fork to break up the salt.
- Package in small jars.
- Other, Condiments/Sauces
- North American
- About 1 cup salt